Friday, September 26, 2008

Sweets!

Sweets!
Just the word evokes a lot of feelings from me. The craving, the vivid images of toying with Lips candy, and the hardness of naked (hubad) candy. Get past those images and I see Chupa Chups Lollipops then the array of donuts, brownies, cakes and pastries imaginable. I can fully describe to you every feeling, every bite of anything and everything I've ever tasted but that would make me delirious. Even envious. Because, the truth of the matter is, I can't or I rarely enjoy them anymore. The fact is: I'm a diabetic.
Don't pity me. For whatever it's worth, I was diagnosed when I was 20 years old. I was not at all deprived. There are now a lot of sugarfree varieties I can indulge in. It works much better though if I was in a bigger city like Manila where there is a restaurant purely for the diabetic. (*Free plugging of SUGARNOT!) 
But since I'm in Pangasinan, a city which doesn't look like a city at all, I can just go to the next real city where they have a Robinson's Supermarket. With the best collection of sugarfree soda, juice( Oishi), and even cookies!(Murray). If I get really desperate, there's Goldilocks that provides sugarfree ensaymada and sugarfree mamon. You can also special order a sugarfree cake, from what I've heard. 
There are a few bakers online that do make sugarfree brownies, and others but then the question usually would be about the shipping of the items. Food easily spoils, expires and all that. 
I end this blog with a wish. Someday, I'd like to have my own restaurant or probably a franchise of Sugarnot! why not?






P.S. I know that some of you read our stuff. I do hope you leave any comment, suggestion, criticism or any reaction. Thanks!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com