Thursday, October 2, 2008

sweets...yummy

I am a lover of sweets. I qualify them into two categories: the candies and the chocolates. The former is not so much an obsession as the latter though. Candies make my tummy go wild especially at night and during the coldest months. Chocolates on the other hand are my waterloo. I couldn't resist them.

Let me tell you about my love for chocolates, and I'll begin with what happened yesterday...

I caught the "c" virus (cough in layman's terms) two days ago. I've been spending nights with the dry cough and days at work with it. Yesterday I had the headache and all that came with it. And so, I said I'd keep away from everything that would make the virus stronger. I was really doing well until I came home and was left alone.

Coffee, candies, cakes, chocolates, and all that have have a high sugar content should be avoided if I wanted my cough to be better. Well, the coffee after lunch was fine and the desserts that followed. I was the "mighty Cheri" then. I would deserve an award for staying away from them. Now came the afternoon and the solitude. I don't take medicines unless the situation calls me to. So I brought out my shin noodle (It's a Korean noodle that proved effective in curing many sicknesses.), poured hot water in the cup and dug into it. I felt my body warming up and my headache easing away. Then I uncovered the plate on the center table. Alas! All defenses gone! There infront of me was Snowcake, super dark brown with its chocolate-ness tempting me to eat it---no, just a taste!

Okay, just a taste...and another...then another... I coughed a very bad one. I had too much already and so when I woke up this morning my voice was husky and almost gone. Lesson: parents should keep all temptations away from their children's reach. (Do I still make sense?!?)

Chocolates are always my buddies. They are in my room. When I travel they are with me. When I'm all stressed and lonesome they ease all the depression and sadness way. Even during my college years, I took them with me when I had my nose bleeding exams.

There's just one shocking confrontation I encountered regarding my love for chocolates. A former co-teacher before teased me about it. She said chocolates are aphrodisiacs. That's the first time I met that word and never have I forgotten it. She and a handful more of colleagues said that that's the reason why men give their ladies chocolates. It's not to show they're sweet! It's a hidden motive they have that's darker than the color of their gift.

Oh well, that's not stopped me from loving chocolates, not even a reason to prevent me from accepting them as presents from both female and male friends. Even the running joke at work that goes, "A moment in your lips...a LIFETIME in your hips," hasn't petered out my desire for these mouth-watering rich food.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com