Monday, October 6, 2008

My Dream House

Everyday I pass by this house two blocks from where I work. I always took a short stop infront of it and looked at the house that's now newly renovated, that's until construction workers arrived. Now, I just take long glimpses of it at the corner of my left eye. If it's occupants saw me before I bet they'd think I'm a stalker or a mad woman who's after one of them. Maybe they'd unleash their ferocious dogs and have them devour me alive. Hahaha. Okay, my imagination has run away with me.

I've always dreamed of a very wide lawn. I don't care if my house is a simple hut (like the traditional Filipino house, the bahay kubo). When I went to Countryclub with a friend I was asked if I wish for such a big property like the club. I said I covet the land area but not the infrastructure. I don't really like a big house.

It's a simple house that I like. I could imagine a mansion that's almost haunted with ghosts because of its coldness and much space. Besides, I may not find my children nor husband in it. We all might be spending every day in such a grandiose house without knowing we're in it.

But I would like my own library where my favorite collections of books could be found and read. In that mini-library I'd put a couch, two sofas and perhaps a couple of desks. Wait, is this possible in a nipa hut. Hahaha. Oh, I mustn't forget my own room where I could spend a night in when my hubby and I are in a fight. (kidding!)

A porch with a swing for two or three must be built on the front of my little abode. There I could also spend cool nights and warm afternoons reading a book, alone or with my children while waiting for my husband.

The most important of all is the spacious lawn that would surround my hoouse. I imagine my family and dogs spending much time playing, running, laughing and having tea times there. Of course, I hopoe that my dream house would be filled with joy, faith and love. I guess it's those things that matter most.:)

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com